Bake Sale. Love the name, love the gal, love the treats! Bake Sale is our featured dessertress at this Thursday’s warehouse warming party. Andrea Duty, owner and genius behind the apron, creates confections of delight that always amaze us. And all in such delectably cute little bite sizes of wonder. She takes a nostalgic approach to come up with special treats such as cherry pop tarts made from scratch and little pudding cups like butterscotch and malted chocolate.
She doesn’t stop there! Andrea also supplies vintage cake stands and tabletop display items for rent. A girl after our own heart. Come see her this Thursday and enjoy some of her specially created items for our little party.
1) What are your favorite Austin haunts?
2) What was one of your most memorable meals and why?
Don’t make me choose! My first meal in Lyon, France when I was 15 at some random Mom and Pop place. Super classic rabbit in aspic and oeuffs a la neige for dessert. It totally opened my eyes to what food could be.
3) Share the most memorable Halloween costume from your past.
I wore a potato sack stuffed with a comforter once. Hey, I grew up in Washington and it was freezing, so the costume did double duty!
4) Beach Boys or Beatles?
5) Chicken or the egg?
Put an egg on it.
6) What animal best describes you and why?
A whale. Ha. They can eat more than most, and they like to travel long distances.
7) What is your favorite board game?
Trivial pursuit, but no one will play with me.
8) Do you prefer a savory or a sweet breakfast?
Savory and spicy.
9) What name would you like Loot to use for one of its new signature pieces?
The countdown is on! So excited to see all of you and Andrea at our warehouse party this Thursday!
Lootfully Yours, Anna and Rhoda